9.25.2012

Seuss Stuff

I realize my youngest son is now 4 months old... and his nursery is still not finished... what can I say, I am a procrastinator through and through.

But time is not my friend seeing as I have so little of it with a toddler and a 4 month old. So I have to make progress when I can... it's been kind of a sloooow go.

However, the past week I did accomplish something in 'Seussland,' and I am in love with it! 

I knew from the beginning that I wanted a floating shelf in baby Drew's room, and I fell in love with one that I spotted at Pottery Barn.
  Oh yes, she is beautiful! But I did not like her $85 price tag =/ just a little too steep for a shelf in my son's nursery. 

So I went on the hunt for something within my budget. Goodwill to the rescue!
Obviously she had seen better days, but I believed I could restore her to her former glory. And for $6, I was thrilled with my 4-foot find. 

After some primer and a coat of paint she now proudly graces my son's nursery.


I purchased the shelf and all of its decor for much cheaper than what the Pottery Barn shelf alone cost.
I got the black frame, the two letters (which stand for Andrew,) and the little, red box all from Hobby Lobby...all on sale. The white frame came from Wal-Mart. It was just a plain, wooden $3 frame that I painted white and scuffed up a bit. 

The Seuss pictures are actually fabric left over from Drew's Seuss quilt that I starched, ironed and framed.


I love the way it turned out... and I can honestly say I take way more pride in my frugal finds than I would have if I'd forked over 85 bucks for the Pottery Barn beauty. 

Happy Thrifting!


3 comments:

Mirtha/Pink Sky Printables said...

It turned out just beautiful! Fabulous job! And I have to mention, I tried your Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole and it was a big hit with the family. I think I will be going down the list of your recipes and trying them all ;)

Amanda said...

Thank you so much Mirtha! And I am so glad ya'll liked it!

AutismUnited said...

Good for you. You saved some money and did a great job.