8.29.2012

Spicy Asian Chicken


This Spicy Asian Chicken is a great meal to spice up your week night menu. It is scrumptious!

I served it with white rice and Parmesan Roasted Broccoli (I will be posting the broccoli recipe tomorrow!)

It served as a terrific side and really complimented the flavors of the chicken and rice.

Spicy Asian Chicken: Ingredients

Directions

In a large saucepan, add olive oil and brown chicken on high for 5 minutes, turning occasionally for an even brown (will be a light brown.) Remove from burner and add water, vinegar, Allegro Marinade, agave nectar, sugar, minced garlic, ground ginger, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce and cook on high until sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Then remove cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes, allowing the sauce to reduce, or until the sauce begins to thicken, occasionally turning the drumsticks. Once the sauce is thick, remove the chicken, pouring the sauce over the drumsticks once plated. Add scallions and Enjoy!


12 comments:

darlin said...

This looks delicious!

I see you have another baby now, congratulations! Now I want to go and catch up to your blog, but it's another adventure here so I'll have to come back to visit. I wonder now why your blog isn't showing up on my dashboard... hmmm I'll have to check this out.

Have a wonderful weekend Amanda.

Amanda said...

Thank you! I'm not sure why it's not showing up. Who knows! lol Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well and thanks for stopping by!!

Miz Helen said...

Hi Amanda,
I just love the combination of flavor in your Asian Chicken Dish. We are going to just love this recipe. Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Amanda said...

Thanks Helen!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!!

Unknown said...

This looks great! I love spicy chicken! i found you over on the show and tell blog hop and am now a follower. I'd love it if you would follow me back at www.battlingthehomefront.com

Amanda said...

Thank you! I'm a fan of spicy chicken as well! Thanks for the follow, I'm headed over to your site now!

-Amanda

Karen @ BakingInATornado said...

Stopped by from the blog hop because your dish looked amazing. The recipe looks easy to follow so I'll be trying it soon. Thanks for sharing, glad I found you.

Amanda said...

Thanks so much Karen! It's an easy dish with lots of flavor, hope you enjoy it!

Heidi@OneCreativeMommy.com said...

Sounds absolutely fabulous! Thanks so much for linking up at One Creative Weekend! I hope to see you back on Friday.

Amanda said...

Thank you Heidi for all of your sweet comments :) I will definitely be back!!

Mackenzie said...

You are a featured favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell at Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks again for sharing! Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week! :)
Mackenzie

Unknown said...

This sounds so yummy!! I'm always looking for a new chicken recipe! I found you on Cheerios & Lattes and am a new follower! Thanks for sharing this!

~Jen @ Yummy-Healthy-Easy
yummyhealthyeasy.blogspot.com