11.28.2012

For David...

My heart is so heavy today, one phone call has completely turned everything upside down. My heart is literally breaking and I'm having a hard time finding the words to comfort my sister, to make sense of what has happened, to encourage family and friends who are hurting. 

David was my sister's fiance, among many other things. He was smart, funny and he loved my sister more than anything in this world. He became a brother to me, my husband and my younger brother Matthew. He became an uncle to my sons. Anytime Noah would see my sister, Katelynn, he would immediately ask where David was. He knew wherever Katelynn was, David was close by. And now he's gone... Just like that...

I don't understand it. It's not fair, it's not right. He was just starting his life, he had received a scholarship, he had proposed to my sister, they were making plans for their future... they were happy. And now his life is over, and she's left to pick up the pieces and to go on with her life without him. All of their plans together have been shattered. He is no longer a part of that future. And I HATE IT! I loved David, we all loved David, we all knew he was going to be a part of our family forever.

I had to sit my 3 year old down and try to explain this to him. I told him David was no longer with us, he is in heaven with the angels. Noah didn't really understand that, but he somewhat grasped that David had been hurt and he wasn't going to be around anymore. I was surprised that my 3 year old understood as much as he did, and he exclaimed, "Oh no!" and he asked if he could kiss David's boo boo to make him better..... I wish it worked like that, I wish it was that easy. I wish a lot of things, but most of all I just wish he was still alive.

Why did he have to get in that car.... why did he have to fall asleep at the wheel.... why did any of this happen? I don't understand it. It wasn't supposed to happen this way!

Life is so fragile. We all know we aren't promised tomorrow... well, at least we say the words, but we never expect for life to be cut so short. 

I hate to know that my sister is hurting, and there is nothing I can do or say to make it better. I can't take this pain from her, I can't carry this for her. God knows if I could, I would! 

She was his angel here on earth, and now he is hers. 

I love you David, I will miss you, you were a part of this family and you always will be!

You may not have made it to the church, my sister may not have made it down the aisle... but in my eyes you were my brother, you were the love of her life and you will always hold a special place in our hearts...

Thank you for loving my sister, for making her the happiest I have ever seen her...





I will always remember the day we spent taking these pictures... climbing over fences, driving around looking for the perfect spots to take the photos, sweating like crazy, lime gatorade, smashing down the tall weeds, trespassing :/ lol It was fun and I'm so glad you guys let me take these pictures.

You will forever be missed!


1 comment:

darlin said...

Amanda my condolences sent out to David's and your family. I'm so sorry to hear of this; you all have my heartfelt sympathies sent from across the miles.