10.30.2012

Tomato & Basil Cream Sauce {Over Pan Fried Chicken}


So, let's talk about chicken... my never ending love for chicken... take a peek at my recipes, I think it's prettyyy obvious. It's not a problem... just a minor obsession :)

But what's not to love? Chicken is delicious, cheap and SO versatile. Win, win, win!

Now, let's talk about my love for sauces... cream sauces to be exact. Oh, yesss! I cannot get enough.
I'm addicted and I'm okay with that. More than okay with that.

Chicken PLUS cream sauce EQUALS heaven on the tip of your fork! Word to your mother, this recipe will rock your taste buds... and you will love me forever and ever. Amen.

Cross my heart XX

So I guess you'll be wanting that recipe now, huh? 

I won't be stingy;)

Ingredients
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 TBS butter
1 can 10 oz diced tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh, minced basil
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan  cheese

Directions
 Heat skillet over medium high heat. In separate bowls, place milk and bread crumbs inside (one in each bowl!)
  Coat the chicken in milk, and then coat with the crumbs. Place chicken in skillet with only half of the butter. Cook for about five minutes, add the remaining butter and then flip chicken. Cook for another five minutes or until the chicken is done. 
Once the chicken is done, remove it from the skillet (but don't rinse that skillet out, you will need it for the sauce!)
Next add the broth to skillet and bring to boil over medium heat, take a spatula and scrape up all the yummy bits from the pan(they only add yummy flavor!) Stir in the cream and tomatoes and boil for about 1 minute. Turn the heat down to low and add the parmesan cheese, basil and pepper. Stir the sauce over low heat until completely heated through. Now pour that liquid gold over your chicken and ENJOY!



Seriously, my mouth is just watering remembering how amazingly awesome this dish was. The creamy, rich sauce combined with the savory fried chicken was, in a word, perfect

Now go forth and cook{this recipe right here!}


9 comments:

Liz Snowden said...

I too am a sucker for sauces, especially the creamy ones!! Thanks for sharing with us for Tasty Tuesday over at aletteredlife.blogspot.com! ~Holley

Amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by, Holley! Creamy sauces are amazing, it's easy to fall in love with them :)

tlcfromtn said...

It says to add cream but it doesn't say how much

Amanda said...

1 cup :)

Miz Helen said...

Amanda Girl you can really cook! This is an awesome recipe that I can almost taste! Have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

tlcfromtn said...

Thanks!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much Miz Helen!

Deanna said...

This looks really really good! I'm making this tomorrow night so I thank you ahead of time :) what would you serve as a side to this?

Amanda said...

It would be really good served over angel hair pasta! But I just served it with mashed potatoes, the sauce was delicious over the potatoes as well :)